When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

38?

-

mrg

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Just tring to figure, yr, z#,odd color green (almost metallic) under aluminum plains & trains locking springer with bumper (is that bumper 1 yr), was told it might ba 38
image.jpg
image.jpg

Yea, good possibility. I have a Z# 38. Cool bike, I like the crusty ones. Are those dbl drop ctr rims? I think it has a newer style crank so probably no help with a stamp there.

Last edited:
Saw the screw but didn't click, is the springer bumper a 1 yr only thing, don't know what's going on the past couple of days the site is different when posting pics from phone and is not a option sometimes ?

Last edited:
It's hard to tell from the photos what it is but I think the bumper is an aftermarket rubber thingy that just slips around the down tube. Still available on eBay today. There was a welded on bumper with rubber nibs used about that time but yours doesn't look like that.

Well the slip on rubber bumper like this did come on these bikes... the ones seen on ebay are repop ones made to look like these.. I rarely see the nib weld bumper on straight bars...more common on late prewar cantilever and dx... but schwinn did use these slip on ones from the factory.

Back