When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Excelsior Year & Value?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

z-bikes

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Mostly I deal with balloon bikes but saw this and was wondering about it's approximate year and value. Bike has original paint and wood wheels. I can't answer questions about it since it's not in my possession yet. Any help appreciated.

43ca923977f446efb8d7ecc7c469ce9f-1.jpg

6ca4da95b7184718a7448023b1a801af-1.jpg

Excelsior204-1.jpg

Being a Schwinn will help value, association with Excelsior motorcycles will help it, and the reverse paint will definitely help it.
However, condition fair, no tires or accessories isn't a plus.
I cannot say I saw a bike similarly enough sell to say it is worth x, but I would say I would be comfortable at 1K as a buyer give or take.
Chris

Looks like a Mich City built machine. 1918-1920ish date based on the olive drab paint scheme. The paint is a rare combo but another member had one similar that was posted here a year ago. I'd agree with the 1k approximate value. Most of that value is based on the original paint which should clean up beautifully.

It's a great example of a late teens excelsior with some neat features (fork, stem

Looks like a Mich City built machine. 1918-1920ish date based on the olive drab paint scheme. The paint is a rare combo but another member had one similar that was posted here a year ago. I'd agree with the 1k approximate value. Most of that value is based on the original paint which should clean up beautifully.

It's a great example of a late teens excelsior with some neat features (fork, stem

This one?

attachment.jpg

The pictures aren't mine and are a little dark so it's hard to see the colors but they are not olive. The main color is cream with a about a ⅜" red stripe outlined by a ¼" light blue, then a black pinstripe. I will be picking it up tomorrow and will try to post better pictures. Thanks for all the input.

Back