When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar LaSalle seat

-

Pantmaker

I live for the CABE
This week I received the original seat back from the esteemed Mr. Rustjunkie. He has a great instinct for recover projects like this and mad skills. We both felt that getting cute with the original paint and plating was unacceptable so Scott created a leather surface to complement the rich patina of the overall bike. The bike rides like butter and the seat is mucho comfy. Thanks again for taking on my project!!
nose1.jpg
20150629_093428 (2).jpg
20150629_093510 (2).jpg

Have you considered an OA bath for this? I have a very similar '41 Autocycle on the way and plan to try and bring back as much of the original paint as I can. BTW nice job on the seat Scott. After the Phantom seat those B1s are the most comfortable to ride. V/r Shawn

Last edited:
Yes, in fact the bike and I have spoken at length about it and have decided to put a moratorium on all OA for now.

Mighty fine looking ride. Arizona rust is really rare so keeping it original is the thing to do. ;)

Back