When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark Holiday edition new find!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

THEGOLDENGREEK

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
So I came across this green Monark today. It was sitting for 25 years from the guy I bought it from. Looks all complete beside the rear rack and horn button. Like to find out the year on this thank you.
IMG_20150701_181541498.jpg

IMG_20150701_181601166.jpg

IMG_20150701_181557741.jpg

IMG_20150701_181630980.jpg

IMG_20150701_181608912.jpg

IMG_20150701_181619642.jpg

WAO Nice bike, I believe they make that bike only one year 1953, that is a really Rare bike
hard to find ,let me know what you going to do with it

Great bike George. You've been on a roll lately, this bike and the m&s, good for you man.

George,
I've seen lots of Monarks, but this is only the second Holiday, I've ever seen. The first one was good while ago and frankly, I didn't know what I was looking at at the time.
I want to say you're sitting on $1000. Looks like it is missing the horn, although the train light is sweet. The lens on the light doesn't look original, but that could be that the tint on the sides has faded. I don't think these came with a rear rack or cheese grater. The forks and handlebars look painted. Are they, or are they brushed steel? I hope other Monark guys chime in...that $1000 is just an educated guess. To a collector with deep pockets, it might be the piece they've been looking for and that could be good for you. Great looking bike, do some research, it will be worth your time.

George,
I've seen lots of Monarks, but this is only the second Holiday, I've ever seen. The first one was good while ago and frankly, I didn't know what I was looking at at the time.
I want to say you're sitting on $1000. Looks like it is missing the horn, although the train light is sweet. The lens on the light doesn't look original, but that could be that the tint on the sides has faded. I don't think these came with a rear rack or cheese grater. The forks and handlebars look painted. Are they, or are they brushed steel? I hope other Monark guys chime in...that $1000 is just an educated guess. To a collector with deep pockets, it might be the piece they've been looking for and that could be good for you. Great looking bike, do some research, it will be worth your time.

Its good news to hear this, im not a Monarch guy infact this is my first one i ever bought, but i thought it was just cool looking bike with those deep fenders. The tire on the bike say US royal chain on the back but the front tire you pretty much cant read anything on it. It does look like someone sprayed the handlebars and the springer. I did take it for a ride and it does ride good. I Googled this bike just now and i found only a few pics of this model. It does have a rack i believe that it is missing.
holiday.jpg

Well now you have a Monark to go along with your word and your balls.lol

Well now you have a Monark to go along with your word and your balls.lol

I'll bet Tony Montana never had a Monark!

I have a very crusty Firestone Holiday....my chainguard must have looked like yours once upon a time.

I believe that the rear rack should have the light in the center with turn signals rather than the cheese grater. It looks like the switch on the tank is for the signals.
It also looks like the green has been repainted. I think the original is more metallic. Also the pinstripes down the sides of the fenders are missing along with the seat tube decal.

Back