When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1954 Huffy Dial-a-Ride

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jd56

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
A day early for sunday's show n tell but, I'm so excited about this one I just have to show it off.
This was an eBay listing that a good friend sent me the link on last week. Thanks G.
Anyway I figured it was priced out of my "extra zeros" bike fund and just was going to sit back and watch the frenzy bidding. A buy it now price with a starting hefty bid awaiting a response. I thought about this bike and watched like every hour for a couple of days. No bids....I was amazed and figured there was something wrong with it that I couldn't see.
I contacted the seller and he said he had a lot of responses he needed to answer to but wasn't going to stop the auction. Of course I made an offer and he said he would put me on the list of the ones to consider.
Auction ended and it didn't sell. He didn't want to ship it so he offered me a chance at it provided I'd pick it up.
13+ hour round trip to the mountains of West Va....so off I went.

Was his deceased dad's newspaper bike. He bought it new...original owner and all original paint with some rust in areas from it hanging in a barn after 3 years of riding it. At the age of 16 he got his license and didn't want to ride it anymore.
Can't blame him, you can't pick up girls while riding a bike....however today, a nice looking vintage bike can draw a few looks [emoji102]

Did a WD40 bath on the chainside to see what I was dealing with...wow!

Before
7acee6f5b564a5877d787aef1e6ca1d3-1.jpg

After...still need to do the rest of the bike and service the bearings.
0dcd6fd0452f7f6930bab0e49998c157-1.jpg

It's all about the rescue!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

Last edited:
That is a very hard to find bike. Not super valuable, but it is worth a good chunk of cash.

I saw it on Facebook last night. I've always loved the Customliner. perhaps not the cleanest, but way up there. great find!
I know there are no tank lights, but that one should be a keeper. I'd clean and tune then enjoy. only replace things that are broken or missing.
we need more of these to document the history.

Very cool. I saw that on ebay too, nice story as well. This is the cousin to the radiobike. I'm guessing it's rarer than the radiobike, maybe not. Seldom seen in any case, and congrats on the purchase!

Congrats John, im glad you got it and it stayed in VA, That bike will clean up and look amazing once you get it all done! These just do not come up for sale all the time but you sure hit one out the park by owning it now. Enjoy it!!

Nice!

Hey John....Great find!. Definitely a cool addition to your collection.............................Wayne

Back