When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A true antique (if it's real)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Who asks for that kind of price, then puts it up on a venue like Craigslist with only two overall photos that are so poor that you can barely make out the bicycle? I'd be very leery.

Real MCCoy? Bell Curved price considering what early 1890's are going for.
It doesn't look like a gaudy replica or a mismatched parts bike being called a survivor.
Peel back the storybook certificate of authenticity, selling without considering resale.

Off hand, good deals get bought. Collectables get collected. Museum pieces get displayed.
Fine antiques get appreciated. Riders get rode. Parts get bought and sold.
Far away real treasure might still be rhidden.

Last edited:
Doesn't look like a gaudy replica or a mismatched parts bike being called a survivor. Bell Curved price considering what early 1890's are going for. Selling without considering resale. Sounds like a storybook certificate of authenticity.

So you're saying the price is cheap for the bike?

the price is the price , go to copake and see what similar bikes are bringing in an auction .. CASH talks , if you are going ,to view this velo , bring cash , ... i would place a value of 5,000 to 7500, it is an uncommon brand , , If you have money to spend , velos are available -do not get buyers remorse or excitement , ..this bike looks very clean and nice , with reputable provenance,.. looking forward to seeing other photos , walter branche ,

First let me begin by rephrasing the statement above into something that makes sense.

So you're saying the price is cheap for the bike?

bell curve

A symmetrical bell-shaped curve that represents the distribution of values, frequencies, or probabilities of a set of data.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bell+curve

Its hard to put a value on these oldies, you see some crazy pricing, so u have to find examples, so to me yes based on the value of early 1890's bikes, bell curved, that price doesn't surprise, and as Walter says find examples at Copake "money talks". A good deal is what we make it. Everyone wants a deal, love a deal, buying from someone who knows what they have sometimes comes down to how well they took care of it.

Last edited:
I have no intentions of buying this bike... Just curious as to authenticity (looks real to me) and what the going rate for these kind of bikes are. I am in talks with this guy who says he has over 150 bikes and many NOS wood wheels. I'm hoping to scrounge up an Elgin or other late 30's bike from him. He's real close to me too, must not a be a caber or I'd know about him.

But it's not an early 1890s bike, it's a ca. 1869-70 velocipede. Be careful to compare apples to apples.

Back