When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Elgin Twin 40 Resto Complete!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Wayne Adam

I live for the CABE
Well, I finally finished the restoration on my Elgin Twin 40. The first picture is how It looked when I bought it last fall off of a local Craigslist for $200.00. It was the most rusted, pitted, rotten dented pile of metal you could find. The following pictures is how it now looks. I restored all of the original parts and added the few that were missing. I mixed a custom color that is a kind of Khaki with a hint of light olive. It is primed with Nason 2k, and painted with Dupont Centari. I bought a repro battery pod from Jerry Peters ( 39 Elgin), Royal Chain tires from member "John", a repro lens from Mike Burden and I want to thank Jim ( Euphman06) for giving me the rear fender. The rest of the parts I had here in the shop including the re-chromed crank & sprocket, pre war teardrop pedals and the correct pre war handgrips. I also had a beautiful seat from a '38 Columbia I parted out a while back.
The bike is completely done except for the light & horn wiring. All of the mangled parts you see in the first picture are the same parts on the finished bike except the crank.
I'm really glad this is done. My next restoration will be my '49 Monark which will be like a walk in the park compared to this Twin Bar.
Thank you for looking!......................Wayne

Looking good, Wayne.
I know the feeling of accomplishment once you complete a ground up restoration.
It's exhausting, and yet very satisfying.
Everyone should tackle one full blown resto for their collection just so they can fully appreciate what it takes to see a project like this to fruition.
Original is easy if you can find it. Restoration take blood, sweat, cash and tears.

A few more pictures

Here are a few more pictures...Thanks for looking........Wayne

Last edited:
That looks fantastic!! Nice job, Wayne! Ditto on Marty's comments. Blood, sweat, cash and tears! Nice to know this will be admired for another 80 years! I gotta ask, are you going or did you think about pinstriping the wheels white?

Last edited:
Thanks Guys

Thanks guys...Actually it took very little cash. Besides the $200.00 for the bike, the only other parts I had to buy were the Battery pod, lens, spokes, and tires and a few screws and nuts. I do all of the restorations myself. The total cash output on this bike including the bike itself is less than $450.00, but a ton of labor hours.
Thanks again!

That looks great! Nice job! The color is very easy on the eyes. Almost organic. I think you nailed it!

Thanks guys...Actually it took very little cash. Besides the $200.00 for the bike, the only other parts I had to buy were the Battery pod, lens, spokes, and tires and a few screws and nuts. I do all of the restorations myself. The total cash output on this bike including the bike itself is less than $450.00, but a ton of labor hours.
Thanks again!

Beautiful job!!

Back