When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

World voyageur

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Euphman06

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Just picked this up about an hour away from me. Been looking for one for awhile and finally found it without having to ship it. Needs a few corrected parts and lots of clean up.

d85a69002159308a0028ffdcb45bee5b-1.jpg

488092b8bc23459f8bd5c88559159f31-1.jpg

671e1d62960c90e2621ff1b9b0e72b95-1.jpg

Sent from my N800 using Tapatalk

shorty fenders are great for keeping center pull brakes clean
aP1010004.jpg

I have a couple of nice sets around here, stainless that fit 32mm, and Blummels alloy that fit 28mm

Unusual color for a World Voyageur. Wonderful bike. Great history. Pretty much a Japanese Paramount. I think these bikes are greatly undervalued.

Unusual color for a World Voyageur. Wonderful bike. Great history. Pretty much a Japanese Paramount. I think these bikes are greatly undervalued.

Think you are taking it a little too far. Paramounts came with a 531 frame, full Campy and a Brooks saddle That bike is no where near that. Closer to the Paramount was a Japanese made Volare, but still not a Paramount.

True, the WV did not come with the brand name stuff, but in terms of lightness and performance the WV was amazing. I have a 72 WV and a 73 Paramount and they are both some of my favorites. True, no Brooks seat on the WV but the frame construction and weight was pretty close to the Paramount. The components from Shimano were copies of campy without the meticulous machining, but performed well. The rear " Crane" deraileur actually out performed the Campy ones and started showing up on factory P15s Paramounts. The Dura-ace chainring was very well made and performed well. This was at half the cost of a Paramount. This is no knock on Paramounts. Mine is my pride and joy. I just think that the WV was one hell of a bike.

Yes, baby paramount nicknamed for a reason:) And since I can't afford a paramount... I'll take this one! I'm working on correcting the wrong parts, no hurry, needs to be cleaned up big time though. The bars are bent... Not sure bending them back will be a good idea, might just look for replacements while I'm at it. I got lucky with it being only an hour away and the correct size (smallest size they made for WV's) and the rarest color. I'm happy with it, looking forward to the cleaning

never bend aluminum bars on purpose
since aluminum doesn't have a fatigue endurance limit, Nitto recommends regularly replacing all aluminum bars.

I found that the alloy bars are wear items in that the center clamping sleeves can get loose when old and can't be tightened enough.

Well....I've been cleaning and stripping this bike down. Turns out a lot of hidden problems with this one. I have to replace the left side crank, one bar end shifter, the bars, and brake levers. Those were the problems I didn't know about it in addition to changing the rear cluster (found when I bought the bike) and derailleur. Quite a project, throwing more money into this than I felt like, but I love the bike and it deserves to get fixed up again.

Back