When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

41 Schwinn factory paint ?

-
At this moment I have to agree with you. New fender braces with rivet screws were not mentioned and seems odd if this is original paint and never restored.

I think there have been more upgrades than what he mentions but paint could be original. V/r Shawn

Incredible original paint bike with cleaned up or 'better' fender braces added and some plating upgrades, maybe restored saddle too.
Very tasteful approach to bringing the bike 'up' without going too far. SECOND 2 tone blue / gold pinstriping prewar Schwinn Cantilever I have ever seen period.
Very cool color combo and that bicycle is just awesome!

I agree with Bob on this one.
Totally legit original paint. I have also seen another prewar Cantilever Autocycle with this exact two tone blue gold pins paint scheme.
It's kind of too bad that the braces were replaced because they were probably in decent condition, and I believe the rivets that Schwinn used in 41 had smaller heads, that I have not seen in the modern rivet supply.

bitchin bike. All the upgrades could be easily fixed. Might have to bid on this one. Great example.

Agreed, except that the rivet screws have a much larger head, and if the previous owner got over exhuberant with the wrench, marks or chipped paint will always show that the rivets were replaced.
Not a big deal, but kind of a bummer if this thing goes full on bidding war.
It's a killer bike in a color combo that I have only seen once before on a pre war bike. It's going to be a hard one to resist.

I agree with Bob on this one.
Totally legit original paint. I have also seen another prewar Cantilever Autocycle with this exact two tone blue gold pins paint scheme.
It's kind of too bad that the braces were replaced because they were probably in decent condition, and I believe the rivets that Schwinn used in 41 had smaller heads, that I have not seen in the modern rivet supply.

The small rivit heads are a uniquely 1941 Schwinn feature, I even ordered some years back for restorations. Since then I've noticed that not all 1941 bike had the small rivet heads, but that some did. Not sure why, just another Schwinn head scratcher. The rivits on the blue 41 ebay bike are obviously screw rivets and a pretty crappy version of those.

Back