When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1948 and I have questions

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Oakmckinley

On Training Wheels
Hi I just acquired a 1948 Schwinn, serial no. E53396.

I'm not a vintage bike person and am mostly looking to sell but I'm not sure what I have exactly?
It has a front fender headlight, cyceloc, rear baggage carrier. The handle bars are bigger and from what I know they were an available option? My gramps was a tall man, probably why he got them. He purchased the bike new in Chicago.

Any info and maybe what's it's value is would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 166
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 156
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 167
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 165
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 164
looks like a poorly repainted B6 model.seat may have been recovered also.bars might be a dealer option,but most likely wald brand.fork lock is missing the key,but they can be replaced.we have a member here who specializes in the cyclelock keys(Wes Pinchot)wheels may or not be correct,as 48 was the cutoff point for drop center type rims.
in my area,the bike in that condition is around 200 bucks or so,but every area is different,as is trying to sell on here.value is what someone is willing to pay.good luck.

What he done said plus it looks like fenderlight cover is broken. I would use it for parts and a couple hundred would be about right. V/r Shawn

Thanks for the input. Like I said I just didn't know what is was or worth.
Thanks for giving me a direction with the bike.
Regards
Jeanette

always agood idea to check with bike ppl what something is worth if your not familiar with the old bike hobby,if a bike is priced to high and then questions of value are asked,the ppl offering the information sometimes fall into the catagory of [shooting the messenger] also if the opening price of a bike is to high no one will make an offer,just an fyi and best of luck with your sale!!

Back