When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All original 1943 Westfield Columbia

-

milbicycleman

Finally riding a big boys bike
Well I just bought an all original 1943 Westfield Columbia on Wednesday! I just need to take off the war grade tires and put on new tires and true up the spokes and it should be ready to ride. More pictures to follow.
Here are some pictures as it is.
IMG_2470.JPG
IMG_2468.JPG
IMG_2469.JPG

IMG_2468.JPG

IMG_2469.JPG

IMG_2470.JPG

Last edited:
I was wondering if someone knows what the "J 10" above the serial number means?

Nothing that would be helpful to anybody now. All Westfield bikes had these markings in the 30's and 40's. Possibly longer. My best guess is an identifying mark for that particular crank hanger casting so it ended up on the correct frame style. For factory use only? They definitely do not have anything directly to do with the year or serial number as I have seen the same mark on consecutive years and different marks on the same year but different style frame.

Great bike and a real time-capsule, although some parts have been added in the past 20 years...

Below is a picture of this bicycle I took at the 1994 MVPA Convention in Fort Indiantown Gap.
This MG was for sale there and if I recall correctly it had surfaced out of a NYC collection or museum just before.
The seller tried to sell the bike through closed envelop bids and I have no idea if it sold and where it ended up after that... I guess my bid was too low.... LOL!!

You can see the that handlebar grips, bell, pump, tool bag and rear kickstand were added after 1994...

But still a fantastic G519!!

MG116892FAGAug1994-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back