When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrome 1924 Iver Johnson Model 90 Road Racer Discovered

-

Handyman

I live for the CABE
Hi Cabers,

I recently acquired this tall frame circa 1924 Iver Johnson Model 90 "Road Racer" through a tip from our local “Fitchburg Rides” event. I purchased this bike from an individual who lives in Springfield, MA who was given the bike by an elderly neighbor who had it hanging in his shed for many years where it sat, untouched and unnoticed. The frame on this bike appears to have all chrome plating, obviously not correct for the year. The frame is somewhat rusted through the plating in several areas, yet in other areas the plating appears to be in decent shape. I did show this bike to Scott (Ivrjhnsn), and he believes that some owner in the past, possibly someone that had access to a chrome plating facility, decided to have the bike refinished. In any case, it's a great looking Iver, and a super addition to my collection and a possible restoration candidate for the future. Pete in Fitchburg

1.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

6.JPG

5.JPG

4.JPG

3.jpg

12.JPG

Chrome or painted, I would have jumped at the opportunity. Nice fine congratulations.

Giovanni,

I believe you have just coined a new phrase………………….”Iverland” I like that! I just may change my “Pete from Fitchburg” to “Pete from Iverland”.

I was thinking the same thing Brian, way too tall for me, I might have to give it to Wally.......................Oh, wait, he already has a tall frame Iver racer !! Pete in Fitchburg

Yeah, send it to me instead! Really nice bike btw. I would like to put some bars like those on mine.

Definately a cool Iver from Iverland! I like that! Looks more Brians size for sure! Are we sure it wasnt originally Chrome?

Hi Schwinndoggy, I'd love it if it were originally chrome but the serial # puts it at about 1924. I don't think Iver was doing chrome until about 1930ish. Pete in Fitchburg

Back