When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Changing a three speed to SINGLE SPEED

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

baronvoncatania

Finally riding a big boys bike
I have a 3speed Schwinn jaguar, and I'm thinking of swapping out the rear wheel for one with a single speed New Departure hub.

I find the three speed to be an annoyance, especially when I'm pedaling along and it pops out of gear. I can never get it tuned exactly right.

Anyone have a nice s-7 rim with a good new departure coaster brake they want to swap?

Bendix hub S-7 wheels are much more common. I believe S-7 rims were introduced after ND went out of business. About the only way you will find the ND hub S-7 combo would be if you build it yourself. Roger

Is it a sturmey hub? Might just need some service or a few drops of oil even. I'd try to figure that part out before I'd go relacing a wheel. Adjusting a Sturmey is relatively easy if it's in good working condition.

I would take a bendix brake. I'm just used to ND As long as the brake work good and the rim is in good shape.

I'm just not into lacing a wheel, would rather just wrap it out.

Bendix hub S-7 wheels are much more common. I believe S-7 rims were introduced after ND went out of business. About the only way you will find the ND hub S-7 combo would be if you build it yourself. Roger

Can someone buy them from Cory and ship?

Hey! just had a thought. Could someone who is willing to ship wheel sets buy the rims from Cory (for a reasonable profit)and resell them to me and I'll pay the shipping?

Sadly it's only for local pick up. But thanks for letting me know.

jim

Back