When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver King Monark Rocket childs bike age/value?

-

KingSized HD

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Hi, I appreciate any help from fellow CABErs with this.

A local shop is selling this sweet little childs Silver King Monark Rocket and I'm trying to get an idea of the year made and it's value. It must have been stored in a closet because it's spotless and the paint still shines w/o any rehab work done. It appears totally original. I didn't check the tire size but they're solid non-pneumatic and the overall bike height is probably less than two feet. Model #906, Serial #A0422739

I don't know the childs bike market at all. I know "value" differs from person to person but just trying to get a rough idea what I'd pay for this on a national auction site.

Thanks for whatever info you can offer.
Pete
Silver King Rocket Childs Drive side.JPG
Monark Silver King Rocket Childs headbadge.JPG
MOnark Silver King Rocket Childs serial plate.JPG

Can't help much on fair value or exact year of the model (guessing 1940s to very early 50s). I sure wish all vintage children's trikes and bikes were stored away as carefully as this one was!

Dave

My serial chart says 1948. I'm only seeing about $150. These things have a limited audience and this is a basic model. Jus my 2c. V/r Shawn

Thanks for your replies, especially helpful to know the year Shawn.

I appreciate any more feedback about what people would pay for this one, trying to help out a friend.
Thanks,
Pete

Back