When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 Monark De Luxe - Roasty-Toasty Rebuild

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

hcdsign

Finally riding a big boys bike
Heres my sweet heart of a find. I bought this bike on ebay for the springer fork. Because it was local pick up only I had to have one of my friends local to the bike pick it up & deliver. Once he sent me some better pictures, I was pleasantly surprised to find this crusty guy was a 1 year build. It seems like its mostly all there, other than a few key components. First is the left tank side. I may put a flat side in as a place-taker if I can find one cheap enough. God knows the correct one will be difficult at best to find. Next is the butterfly stand, there are marks in the frame but it is now MIA.

When I first got the bike I oiled it thoroughly. However when I went to break it down, I found that the previous owner greased the seat post & stem, making dis assembly a breeze, even though I had to just about twist off the binder bolts. I have begun to go after the rust with PB Blaster, a scrub brush, & a soft brass brush, with great results thus far. I have already purchased a very nice front fender and train light, as the batteries leaked on the original & vaporized the fender. :( I also have coming another springer to rob the better parts off of.

I still have questions on a few things, such as double drop rims that are correct to this bike. IDK what that profile look like. I also do not know what tire goes on this bike. I see surrounding year Monarks with Carlisle Snake Bellies, and Wards Riverside Mate.

If anybody has input, or knows of some parts I may need, or has a comment good or bad, or ugly please reply. I am not at all familiar with Monarks, so ALL input will be appreciated!!

Thank you, Howie Drews

DSCN0304.jpg
DSCN0361 (2).jpg
DSCN0369.jpg
DSCN0370.jpg

Thanks for the compliments guys!! Does anybody have input on the rim or tire combo that belongs on this crusty critter. I do believe the rims are called "double drop" but I don't know what that profile looks like. Is it like a square Schwinn rim, but with a small 45 deg chamfer at the corner??

Thanks again!!

hey Howie nice find ,I got involved in this hobby on the womans version of this bike,same two tone green,its my moms bike,the butterfly kick stands come up for sale now and then.the light and tank are another story been trying to find them for months no luck yet.good luck with the bike paul

Paul, I got lucky & found a fender set, including the train light. I actually had the fenders & light in my hands before the actual bicycle. I only plan to use the front fender & train light, the rear will be an inventoty item.

Now to find the rest!!

DSCN0307.jpg

Back