When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whizzer Motorbike Restoration

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

whizzer_motorbike_fan

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi everyone, I know I am new to the cabe but I would like this thread to be informational for if I restore a whizzer I might buy and to help anyone restoring a whizzer. So if you have any tips or pics of your own restoration please post them. Thanks.

W_M_F- I've noticed from your posts that you have a bad case of Whizzeritis. Fantastic! I hope you get a great one. Please, before you start, do your research and do it well. There are many types of Whizzers out there...get what you want, but know what you get. HAVE FUN! Gus :)

Yes I have been researching for a long time now. My goal is to create a h engine whizzer like my grandfather had. Got a few projects before I can start but thought I might at least buy what I want and work on it after. Thanks.

Yes I have been researching for a long time now. My goal is to create a h engine whizzer like my grandfather had. Got a few projects before I can start but thought I might at least buy what I want and work on it after. Thanks.

Are you buying that one from yesterday for sale here? That is a fine candidate. Depending on what you want to do......partial or full resto, I can help out some.

Don

Hi squeedals I am not sure which one you are talking about. The one I am thinking about buying (going to) is from petritl. Thanks.

There was one here for sale yesterday and I can't find it now. You wrote the seller and said you were interested. It was rough but mostly there. The engine and kit was not attached to the bike.

That is the one except he is going to sell that engine kit to me with an hiawatha bicycle that had a whizzer mounted on it. Thanks.

I am not quite sure yet. I think I probably will but I don't know. If I do my father has a small motorcycle painting business so he would do it. Thanks.

I am not quite sure yet. I think I probably will but I don't know. If I do my father has a small motorcycle painting business so he would do it. Thanks.

Personally.......I start all my re-dos by tearing the bike completely apart (regardless of painting or not) and I clean each and every sq. in. of grime and grease and remove 99.9% of any rust or corrosion. I know some folks like the "patina" look, but I like to see what I have under all that stuff and that is just my method. In this pic below I did do an authentic paint job/color that matched the old finish but cleaned/polished the bare metal parts, kept the original wheels and tires, so what I ended up with was a pretty bike......clean and yet not "brand new" looking. Old components blessed with a new frame and fender finish. I'm doing up the 46 Whizzer the same way.

Don

Attachments

• DSCN0647.jpg
    DSCN0647.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 459
Back