When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Orange Krate on Ebay?

-

Bmoc101m1

On Training Wheels
Hello, I also posted this on the Ebay section of the forum as well so if I bored you twice please forgive. Anyways, I was wondering if any of you here could tell me what you think of the 73 Orange Krate currently listed on Ebay for 3400. I would attach a link but am lacking in computer skills. It is listed as 100 percent original.

What kind of value figure would you place on a bike like this and do you see any issues and or concerns with this bike. IMHO I believe this bike is worth in the mid 2K range. Am I at least in the ballpark?

Thanks in advance for any advice on this bike. Looking forward to actually being a member here instead of just a casual browser.

If this bike is as original as it seems to be, it is going to bring more then $2200 on Ebay.I wish this was a auction, not a BIN with best offer. Even if it sells, we won't know what it sold for.

Less than $2k. Look at completed auctions. The last really nice one sold for under $2,100. Realistically they sell for around $1200-$2200 depending on accessories and condition of original paint. His tires need to be replaced. The one that sold for under $2100 had NOS tires on it. I picked one up a 1973 Apple krate 5 speed with original paint for $1200. He is fishing. He is looking for the right sucker to pay top dollar. Is this bicycle for you or your son?

Less than $2k. Look at completed auctions. The last really nice one sold for under $2,100. Realistically they sell for around $1200-$2200 depending on accessories and condition of original paint. His tires need to be replaced. The one that sold for under $2100 had NOS tires on it. I picked one up a 1973 Apple krate 5 speed with original paint for $1200. He is fishing. He is looking for the right sucker to pay top dollar. Is this bicycle for you or your son?

Thanks for the reply. It's for me. I've seen nice ones for around 2200 but I havent seen any nice truly original bikes for anywhere close to 1500. I guess I have been missing those when they hit Ebay. Ill look harder. Thanks again for the reply.

Thanks for the reply. It's for me. I've seen nice ones for around 2200 but I havent seen any nice truly original bikes for anywhere close to 1500. I guess I have been missing those when they hit Ebay. Ill look harder. Thanks again for the reply.

I found mine on Craigslist. Don't waste your time with Ebay. Try Craigslist or go to a bike swap. If you do go to a bike swap get there early and leave late. Best prices are attained in the morning hours and at the last moments of the swap. Reality usually creeps in after 6 hours of no one accepting their ridiculous prices.

1 year only sunset orange in really nice shape plus disc brake that's a pretty rare bike

Last edited:
Back