When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ramhorn tandem

-

Luchotocado

Finally riding a big boys bike
Saw this tandem hanging in an antique store. The owner said it was a 1972 schwinn hipster. It doesnt look like a schwinn, it doesnt look 1972 and I cant find a Hipster bike so i I am pretty sure he is wrong. Anyways does anybody knkw what this really is? Unfortunately i cant get a better picture.
image.jpg

Nothing Schwinn about it. It's a homemade piece comprised of a male and female frame.

I almost choked on that one.
a Schwinn Hipster?has to be the rarest bike known to man.

Actually its funny because I asked them what it was and they said a hipster so I told them that whoever sold it to them probably meant it was a "hipster" looking bicke but they said that i was wrong, that it was a hipster but they didnt know what brand. 5 minutes later the man came to me and said that he did a "quick" google search and found out that it was a 1972 schwinn hipster. The worst part is that they had it for 600+$

I would love to ride my Original Schwinn ramshorn over his pea brain. I hate idiots like that Schwinn Hipster, give me a break the word hipster didn't even exist back then and Schwinn only made femal female frames for tandems if I am correct, looks like a $100 bike to me

Schwinn didn't start making step thru Tandem frames until 1964, named the Twinn. The 1964 bicycle built for two had a horizontal top bar and lady back as did all the previous Town and Country tandems. Then there were the Paramounts which most all had both horizontal top bars.

Attachments

• 1955_24.jpg
    1955_24.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 114
Back