When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to Identify a Barn Find...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Robinsons003

On Training Wheels
Vintage Bike Frame.jpg

Vintage Bike - Roadster Model.jpg
Vintage Bike - Roadster Model.jpg

Bike Seat - Brooks Champion B15 Standard.jpg

Trying to identify an old 1920s(?) bike I found in an old barn. Only writing on the frame reads "roadster model". It appears to look a bit like a BSA or Rudge-Whitworth bike, but there are some differences that make think otherwise. Bike seat is Brooks and reads Champion B15 Standard - Made in Great Britton. No other manufacturer's labels. Serial # is 112041. Any guidance is appreciated.

Aloha,
J.R.

I think it is a Elswick... Late 20's early 30ish

Here are some photo's of one.

$_57.JPG

$_57-3.JPG

$_57-2.JPG

$_57-1.JPG

Last edited:
With a bit more sleuthing, I have been able to find strong evidence that the bike is indeed an Elswick. Speicifically, it appears to be a 1937 bike that was made for export to the U.S. A fellow in the U.K. was able to help me date the bike using the frame number - U20141, and provided me with photo and link to a 1937 Elswick catalog. The following links may be useful to other readers -

http://veterancycleclublibrary.org.uk/

http://www.oldbike.eu/museum/frame-number-bicycle-dating-guide/

Does anyone have any sense if this bike, in the condition it is in, may be collectible?

thank you!
-JR

Yes, old British bikes are collectible. In it's condition, it can still be cleaned up and preserved. If you're planning to sell, shoot me a PM because I'd be interested in it.

Back