When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does Anyone have a bike this tank fits?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

4scuda

Wore out three sets of tires already!
In Memoriam
I bought this tank 22 years ago and have been half heartedly looking for a bike it goes to the whole time. I gave the tank to my father in law, who got me started in bikes, probably 20 years ago. He has had it hanging on his wall, I thought I finally found a bike for it last Saturday. Got the bike had father in law bring the tank. Dang it wasn't the right one. Then he said I think that a straight bar CWC bike I gave him a year or two before the tank would work with it. My wife brought it up from her dads house today and dang again it wouldnt fit. The bike was a straight bar but definitely a prewar with the straight frame bar. So here I am, maybe the tank should just be sold. Is this off a rare bike? I believe it was from a 51-52 roadmaster with weird shock master fork. Anyone have a picture with this color scheme?

Attachments

• IMG_2157.jpg
    IMG_2157.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 235
that tank is for a post war 1947 t0 mid 1950 Cleveland welding built bikes with a straight bottom bar

Hiawatha bicycles were sold by the Gamble Stores, headquartered in Minneapolis. My first new bike was a Hiawatha, bought at the Gamble store in Superior, Wisconsin in the 1950's. My Dad had to sign for it. I went in every Saturday morning to pay $1.00 from my paper route wages. The store recorded the payments in my little book.
I would imagine most Hiawathas are in the Midwest area.

I have a Hiawatha that takes a similar tank. Are you looking to sell? I have a friend looking for a similar tank. My bike is in the middle of refinishing and has been put on the back burner for now.

Hiawatha Tank Question

Nice tank, I had this bike several years ago and decided to stick within the one brand I knew more about (kinda stupid, thinkin' back..), it infected me with the ballooner bug.
This was a really nice bike, and had been repainted at some point, but was solid as a rock, and rode like a Cadillac! When I got it, the chainguard was missing, so the one in the photos was what I found to replace it with. I found several of the guards that match your tank when I was looking, but could never find that tank to go with them, so I conceded to the one shown.

The bike was traded in to a local shop on a later model lightweight bike after I had bought several other ballooners and wanted to see how the lightweight world felt - BIG mistake! The lightweight I traded it on was released from duty within a year, and I'll bet the old Hiawatha STILL rides like a Cadillac.

I miss it, as I rode it a lot and never much worried about scratching or denting it (though that didn't happen either)

REC

Attachments

• DSC00442.JPG
    DSC00442.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 128
I guess I am going to sell the tank. $160 shipped. Pm if interested

Back