When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does Anyone have a bike this tank fits?

-

4scuda

Wore out three sets of tires already!
In Memoriam
I bought this tank 22 years ago and have been half heartedly looking for a bike it goes to the whole time. I gave the tank to my father in law, who got me started in bikes, probably 20 years ago. He has had it hanging on his wall, I thought I finally found a bike for it last Saturday. Got the bike had father in law bring the tank. Dang it wasn't the right one. Then he said I think that a straight bar CWC bike I gave him a year or two before the tank would work with it. My wife brought it up from her dads house today and dang again it wouldnt fit. The bike was a straight bar but definitely a prewar with the straight frame bar. So here I am, maybe the tank should just be sold. Is this off a rare bike? I believe it was from a 51-52 roadmaster with weird shock master fork. Anyone have a picture with this color scheme?

Attachments

• IMG_2157.jpg
    IMG_2157.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 235
that tank is for a post war 1947 t0 mid 1950 Cleveland welding built bikes with a straight bottom bar

Hiawatha bicycles were sold by the Gamble Stores, headquartered in Minneapolis. My first new bike was a Hiawatha, bought at the Gamble store in Superior, Wisconsin in the 1950's. My Dad had to sign for it. I went in every Saturday morning to pay $1.00 from my paper route wages. The store recorded the payments in my little book.
I would imagine most Hiawathas are in the Midwest area.

I have a Hiawatha that takes a similar tank. Are you looking to sell? I have a friend looking for a similar tank. My bike is in the middle of refinishing and has been put on the back burner for now.

Hiawatha Tank Question

Nice tank, I had this bike several years ago and decided to stick within the one brand I knew more about (kinda stupid, thinkin' back..), it infected me with the ballooner bug.
This was a really nice bike, and had been repainted at some point, but was solid as a rock, and rode like a Cadillac! When I got it, the chainguard was missing, so the one in the photos was what I found to replace it with. I found several of the guards that match your tank when I was looking, but could never find that tank to go with them, so I conceded to the one shown.

The bike was traded in to a local shop on a later model lightweight bike after I had bought several other ballooners and wanted to see how the lightweight world felt - BIG mistake! The lightweight I traded it on was released from duty within a year, and I'll bet the old Hiawatha STILL rides like a Cadillac.

I miss it, as I rode it a lot and never much worried about scratching or denting it (though that didn't happen either)

REC

Attachments

• DSC00442.JPG
    DSC00442.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 128
I guess I am going to sell the tank. $160 shipped. Pm if interested

Back