When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell. ..8/2/15

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jd56

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
It's August already. ..wow!

Let's see what classics you have found from this past week. Whether it be bike related or not. Please include pictures as we do love pictures!

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

Picked up this wheel set. Back hub is Morrow O 4, 4th quarter of 1945, front hub is New Departure. I was told they came from a Firestone Pilot.

Morrow blackout3 (2).jpg
Morrow blackout3 (1).jpg

I picked up this rollfast unicycle. couldn't find any info about it online. has a almost nos 20' Gillette ambassador ww.
025-1.jpg

026-1.jpg

027-1.jpg

028-1.jpg

Attachments

• 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 273
Also brought home a new project. If I decoded the date correctly it is a 1947. I'm not sure if it is a St Croix as the chainguard doesn't have the logo.
The saddle is one I already rebuilt for another project. The whitewalls were put on to help keep it upright though I'm thinking brick colored tires. I have a set of NOS red grips ordered. My plan is a full service and detail to keep it in survivor condition.

Hiawatha2 (2).jpg

Last edited:
I've already posted pics of this bike but this arrived Friday. I'm in the process of trying to buy another house and to be honest it was financially irresponsible of me to make this purchase but I just couldn't help it. Many of you know this bike was ended early on Ebay. I was watching a Bullnose the seller had listed and it was ended early. I called him and asked about it and he said someone made an offer and he sold it. I asked what other bikes he had and he mentioned the DX and Clipper project that he listed as well. Just out of curiosity I asked what the number would be on the Autocycle. Needless to say it was a number I couldn't pass up. His daughter is the one that handles his Ebay stuff and she told me she received many nasty emails about ending this auction early. She said she had people offer way more than I paid but to his credit he kept his word and did the deal. I just wanted to clear the air on this so people understand how this really went down. The seller set the price and I did not cajole the seller into ending the auction early. The Schwinn guys tell me this is only the second blue/blue/gold pins bike to surface. The other is the '39 canti 'Modesto' bike. V/r Shawn

Attachments

• Blue AC1 - Copy.JPG
    Blue AC1 - Copy.JPG
    255.5 KB · Views: 266
  • Blue AC6 - Copy.JPG
    Blue AC6 - Copy.JPG
    243.3 KB · Views: 264
  • Blue AC5 - Copy.JPG
    Blue AC5 - Copy.JPG
    281.5 KB · Views: 260
b6autofrontandreardrum.jpg

No, its not mine, and no, im pretty positive this isn't the modesto bike you speak of. So im just guna leave this right here. I tried hunting this one down. No luck. All i know is its in my state.

So as we have seen lately with numerous "rare" bikes including the other Elgin Gull that was found, the Arrow, and my Worlds Fair Pacemaker, there are more out there. The problem is, most of the other bikes that are unknown to us, the owners of them were unknown of the cabe. So how do we know a total of what exists? We won't ever unfortunately because some are still out there yet to be discovered, some are in hidden collections where the owners of the collections do not wish to share what they own. So really, there is no true answer.

Just received this JCH Friday. Can't wait to get her cleaned up and on the road.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Can anyone tell me the year?

I've already posted pics of this bike but this arrived Friday. I'm in the process of trying to buy another house and to be honest it was financially irresponsible of me to make this purchase but I just couldn't help it. Many of you know this bike was ended early on Ebay. I was watching a Bullnose the seller had listed and it was ended early. I called him and asked about it and he said someone made an offer and he sold it. I asked what other bikes he had and he mentioned the DX and Clipper project that he listed as well. Just out of curiosity I asked what the number would be on the Autocycle. Needless to say it was a number I couldn't pass up. His daughter is the one that handles his Ebay stuff and she told me she received many nasty emails about ending this auction early. She said she had people offer way more than I paid but to his credit he kept his word and did the deal. I just wanted to clear the air on this so people understand how this really went down. The seller set the price and I did not cajole the seller into ending the auction early. The Schwinn guys tell me this is only the second blue/blue/gold pins bike to surface. The other is the '39 canti 'Modesto' bike. V/r Shawn

Shawn that autocycle is gorgeous. That is my favorite two tone color, also like tan/brown but that really pops. Beautiful bike even though it hits you where it hurts( financially). Rob.

Delta disease

I bought this on eBay Friday, OG chrome embossed DELTA ROADLITER

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 219
  • $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 228
  • $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 220