When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stingray Sissy Bar/Seat

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
I got this with the '64 Stingray I bought yesterday. I know the seat and sissy bar on it are wrong but was wondering if maybe this isn't the original seat and sissy bar? Any help is much appreciated. You can see the '64 in the for sale section. V/r Shawn

bar1.JPG
bar2.JPG
bar3.JPG
bar4.JPG
bar5.JPG
bar6.JPG
bar7.JPG

That style was not a 1964 issue and it does look correct for a 1965.

The bike is an Oct '64 (serial #). Do you think this style may have been introduced late in the year? Thanks, Shawn

The bike is an Oct '64 (serial #). Do you think this style may have been introduced late in the year? Thanks, Shawn

That's very possible since that type of seat was a major improvement over the 64 issue. You probably already know what I think about dating a Schwinn from the serial number so that bike or frame could also have been built during the change over period. From my research most of the Schwinn models with a mid November and later serial number were the next years models. I personally think there's a good chance that Oct 64 Sting Ray could have been equipped with the new 65 banana seat.

The guy I bought it from said he believes that is the seat that came on it when his brother bought it brand new. When he "customized it he put the glitter seat and other sissy bar along with the 26" fork. While some purists probably wouldn't accept this I believe it may be correct to the bike. V/r Shawn

That seat would be correct for a late 1964. I have seen them with and without that seat. This seat was only used for 1965 stingrays. 63-64 used the solo polo, 65 was this hard side seat and 66- the end were the standard seats. Here is my 65 with the same seat
IMG_2232.jpg

Back