When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1942 Columbia Victory Balloon Ture Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

scrubbinrims

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Picked this up recently at an auction thinking it was different from the typical Columbia paint scheme...reverse paint fender with V chevrons.
Turns out this is a "Victory" bicycle made in 1942, speculated to be made from leftover parts.
I do not believe these balloon tired bicycles were every catalogued as the lightweights were during the war and the few I have seen in a short production period all have different components.
That said, all boy's bicycles I have researched have been in maroon.
I added the cupped spring troxel which is period and fingered grips; surprisingly there are no blackout parts anywhere.
Serial number G27398.
Chris
DSCN1292.jpg
DSCN1299.jpg
DSCN1291.jpg
DSCN1294.jpg
DSCN1295.jpg
DSCN1296.jpg

Last edited:
You are not sneaking back down across the NC line again, are you? That is a great looking bike, congratulations.

Last edited:
This is superb Chris! I would love to own this, put it right next to me lightweight Elgin Victory bike.

Just wondering why some folks here pose and snap picts of there bikes without the pedals?

"
Just wondering why some folks here pose and snap picts of there bikes without the pedals?"

Most take the pedals off for easier transport. Often pedals are missing all together on bikes we find as they are the first component often to be destroyed over time. Thus all the pictures of newly acquired bikes without pedals.

Back