Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Default Update

0 Not allowed!
    BWBiker aka Brad, came out last Saturday to help me with the1952 Hawthorne. We have been trying to get the goose neck out but it is stuck, stuck, stuck even with heat and penetrating oil. We will keep trying. Thanks for your help Brad.

On Friday we took the Hawthorne frame to Bill Green to see if the motor would fit and found that it was a no go. I would still like to motorize it with some other motor. I want the motor to be old from the era of the bike if possible. The engine has to be less that 11 inches tall and can be a 2 or 4 stroke (4 preferred). Any ideas.

I am also looking for a 26 inch similar styled bike with a tank (not a Whizzer tank).

Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

Default Stuck goose neck...

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wercmcbecker View Post
    BWBiker aka Brad, came out last Saturday to help me with the1952 Hawthorne. We have been trying to get the goose neck out but it is stuck, stuck, stuck even with heat and penetrating oil. We will keep trying. Thanks for your help Brad.

On Friday we took the Hawthorne frame to Bill Green to see if the motor would fit and found that it was a no go. I would still like to motorize it with some other motor. I want the motor to be old from the era of the bike if possible. The engine has to be less that 11 inches tall and can be a 2 or 4 stroke (4 preferred). Any ideas.

I am also looking for a 26 inch similar styled bike with a tank (not a Whizzer tank).

Hey Mellisa, try wacking that goose neck from the underside with a dead blow hammer again. I left a broken off stem soaking in PB Blaster, the same oil we used on yours and wa la it came out with one tap after threading the bolt into the remains and hitting the crown of the fork. Don't give up! Brad
    Last edited by BWbiker; 12-06-2009 at 10:03 PM. Reason: correct
    I like a bicycle with a LIT RACK!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12