When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar Schwinn from original owner

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Nickinator

Riding my '38 Deluxe Bluebird
How cool is it when you can buy a prewar Schwinn from the original owner? We drove 400 miles yesterday to pick this one up, was well worth the drive. Needs a bit more maintenance then will be a great rider. It's my favorite paint scheme and colors, love it. Thinking it's a '41 DX, S/N is F66400. Feel free to chime in if you have any different thoughts.

First two pics are of the original owner Dona, one as a little girl and one yesterday, she's in her 80's...story goes the Our Own Hardware in southern MN didn't have much to choose from when her parents took her to buy a bike, but I think she made a great choice. Her son told us that when they asked her recently if she wanted to sell the bike, she said she "probably wouldn't ride it anymore..." too funny. What a gal :)

Darcie/Nick

Dona girls 2 edited.jpg
Dona 80's edited.jpg
Dx ww tires 1 edited.jpg
Dx ww tires 2 edited.jpg
Dx ww tires 3 edited.jpg

Dona girls 2 edited.jpg

Dona 80's edited.jpg

Dx ww tires 1 edited.jpg

Dx ww tires 2 edited.jpg

Dx ww tires 3 edited.jpg

Great bike and story! Chain guard is 40 but I think the serial is 41. Paint scheme is 41. Could be a very late 40 build for 41 model year.

Last edited:
Doesn't get any better than this! Proof that it's completely orig:cool:(Except maybe for grips and tires?)
Right Mike good eye, we put a nice vintage set of BF Goodrichs tires on, and the correct grips. Also still needs a lens for the 3 rib Delta, and a correct reflector for the rack, which I think we have around here somewhere. It's last tune up was in the early 70's. Other than that- front bearings were toast, brakes and rear hub needed some work, but nothing major. Nice survivor for sure. :)

Darcie

Super nice bike, even better story!

Numbers look to '40 based on comparables on the list.

REC

WOW! Great story! Great bike! I'm the third owner of a few of the bikes in my collection. But I've never been the second owner. Catfish

Back