When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who made WORLD FLYER STREAMLINED? (with electric horn)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Wing Your Heel

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Hey trike chaps -

Please can you tell me who made this WORLD FLYER STREAMLINED? (with electric horn)

I can see it in a 1937 toy retailer catalogue, but it doesn't say the manufacturer.

Lots of identifiable features, but I've not seen them on another trike before

thanks for your help,
Colin

_57_zpstmzyvb52-1.jpg

IMG_5177_zpslae0efui-1.jpg

IMG_5179_zpsgi7djyas-1.jpg

IMG_5175_zpsdv3gznzw-1.jpg

193720WORLD20FLYER20streamlined20velocip-1.jpg

I believe this one was made by Junior Toy Co. Belknap may have sold them under a different model name like World Flyer but Junior Toy called them the Sky Line models. Take a look at the photos on this page particularly a couple near the bottom: http://www.tricyclefetish.com/junior_toy_co.php

BTW, thank you for posting these photos. I bought an old metal streamlined trike seat years ago and wasn't sure what model it came off of. Now I know because the design is identical to the seat on your tricycle.

Dave

Last edited:
I've seen a few really neat tricycles posted here, but that has gotta one of the coolest!

Thanks for that Dave. Much appreciated. I looked through every item on tricyclefetish but still managed to miss it! :)
It looks to me like this body with the vent on the front is from c1937 and the more familiar type of sky king came in around 1938, with a 'nose' on the front. The common repro sky kings with rear fenders seem to be a mixture of the two body styles. There certainly seem to be a lot of variations of sky king, I suppose every manufacturer bringing them out to capitalise on their popularity as soon as the first ones went on sale.
I wonder who brought out the first streamlined fendered tricycle?
And if any company had an electric horn before this one?

Hi Mark, trike has arrived now. The angle iron is a crude old repair where the bike frame snapped. Looks like the seat was loose and all the movement of the seat post caused the frame to break at that point. I've seen a number of kid's tricycles with crude repairs. I get the impression parents took broken trikes into the local garage when they broke and they were just welded up cheaply

Back