When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help! How do I get a "like value" to make a claim for damage with Bike Flights

-

lgibster

Finally riding a big boys bike
I had a bike shop pack and ship a bike to Arkansas from a seller in PA. It was damaged during shipping by bike flights. I am trying to file a claim, but need a variable value of the damaged and lost parts. Here is what I need an appraisal for:

Front fender for a 1957 J C Higgins Ladies Jetflow
Set of pedals for a 1957 J C Higgins Jetflow

Does any one know how I can get those required estimates? and from whom Before my 72 hour window is up?
The bent fender and where I found the ONLY pedal.

IMG_2949.jpg
IMG_2957.jpg

Here is what Bikeflights requires:
"A proof of the declared value must be provided with all claims. This proof may come in the form of an invoice, sales receipt, appraisal, or value of a “like” item that can be readily verified by a BikeFlights.com support team member. "

If Bikeflights determines it was improper packaging (and I am sure it might have been since I am waiting on their "before" pictures that I asked them to take), I am going to try to get my money back from the shop that packed it.

Thank in advance for the help.

Last edited:
I don't think those are original pedals.

I wasn't sure since my '56 has the single jewel pedals with the left side being red jewel and the right side being a green jewel. I thought they changed it in '57 to a double red and green jewel set? If they didn't then I know someone who has a pair.

this is the problem.............

Yes I was going to take a vacation and just go get the bike but work kept me from being able to drive that kind of distances. The seller shipped a Schwinn Panther (Black) to Idaho through them before and gave me the name of the gentleman who received it with no problems. Same shop packed the bike. I contacted the gentleman in Idaho and he sent me photos of the bike that he took before he unpacked it and after with the packing materials still intact and it looked great. Zipties and pipe insulation etc everywhere. Either the packing guy doesn't work there anymore or the box was opened. Thus the reason at the moment I am giving the shop a chance to send the before shipping photos that I requested they take in case it was damaged in shipping.

Back