When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Block Chain Restoration

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Wheeled Relics

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
how to turn a turkey into a golden goose

Before

image.jpg

After

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
*By following the instructions below this point you releAse me of all liability in cAse of personal injury or death!

Start with a crusty turkey

1. Solvent soak overnight (acetone or gas works) remove and allow solvent to evaporate
2. Submerge in simmering OA Bath and bring to low boil 3 min
3. Remove from OA ; submerge in solvent immediately to neutralize OA and prevent oxidizing
4. Use tooth brush to knock off any left over grunge if it looks good go immediate to step 6
5. Re submerge in simmering OA for 2 min bring to low boil again
6. Quench with solvent and then immediately submerge into in a tub of oil.

Your golden egg will soon be laid.

Ps- use a respirator that will filter organic vapor. Do not breath OA vapor. perform in ventilation and respirator rated for these vapors.

Last edited:
Solvent soaked and let dry (softened up)
image.jpg

Submerged in boiling OA
image.jpg
image.jpg

Yuck pull it out of here and put it back in solvent before it can oxidize (will turn green fast if it's nickel) it might be done here if not boil it again
image.jpg

When all the junk is off and u remove it from the OA ... Do not let it sit exposed to the air a quick rinse in the solvent then immediately into the oil

image.jpg

That chain would have taken meca month of work to look that good....and I would have washed the bluing down the drain.

Chain looks great Dave! I'm gonna have a tough time convincing the little lady about boiling Oxalic Acid on the stove though (not to mention the pets). How'd you convince Donja and your kitty?

Last edited:
Back