When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

There$ money in old bikes!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bobcycles

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I recently purchased a super rough 52 Phantom rustbucket on ebay........after wrenching on this
mess for 2 hours last night in the LA heatwave, totally disgusted at what I bought, and pissed......then suddenly......a cool little surprise!
While dismantling the Phantom seat chassis, I noticed something wadded up in one of the springs. Green weathered paper of somekind.
I carefully extracted this little nugget and unfolded it to reveal a past owners secret money stash. A One Dollar Silver Certificate
and dated 1935. So cool! The paper is so weathered it's almost like tissue paper, very fragile and delicate. But how awesome.
I stopped hating myself for wasting money on the rust bucket as this little 'pay out' made my day.

Anyone else find anything cool tucked away in a vintage bicycle? Wad of cash in a tank etc?

35.jpg
351.jpg
352.jpg
353.jpg

I found a few live 22lr rounds in some handlebars once.the rattling was driving me nuts,so i pulled the grips and voila!

I removed the grips from an early Elgin balloon motobike and found quite a bit of tobacco stuffed into the handlebars on both sides. Never did find the corn cob pipe.

I got a real nice complete antique wrench set outta the tank of a 48 Auto Cycle I pulled outta a dumpster in back of a tire store.

Attachments

• b6 001.jpg
    b6 001.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 258
i found a squishy black thing under a 1952 ladies schwinn hornet.....i reached under the rearfender and touched some more checking out some dent.....the it dropped to the floor and ran.....it was a spider....big and black i stepped on it .....then i started to check it out and under its back side it had a red hour glass.....since then.....i always check umder the fenders and springs.....no bueno sometimes...

My current commuter was a 65.00 Univega from craigslist, but once Itook it apart there was a 20 dollar bill rolled up in the seatpost. Presto chango, a $45.00 Univega!

Back