When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What would you guys do

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

model-a

Finally riding a big boys bike
I found a bike sitting behind a shed never saw it till they cut the hay in the field beside it. I know it's a full fender bike red and white that's no help I have seen a older man outside once or twice he's at least in his 80s I don't want to get shot or scare the guy so what would or what have you guys done in the past in this situation just leave it alone may be the best thing to do. Thanks

model-a,chris

Got a picture?
I have found bikes by driving down the road rubbernecking every field, yard, shed/house/out buildings surroundings.
If the bike was covered with tall grass or overgrown bushes/foliage, it most likely isn't cared about or even remembered by the owner.
KNOCK ON HIS DOOR! Ask about the bike.
Be respectful is the key. Some of the elderly like interaction then some don't. Try to talk to him on his terms...as Dale Carnegie would say.
Tell him that you rescue old bikes and would love to take a better look at it.
All he can say is "No".
Be sure to ask if he has other bikes hidden on the property.
Can't hurt to ask.
You might find a gold mine.
Good luck with the potential pick....and let's see some pictures....we do love pictures!

It's all about the Rescue / Revival and of course the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

my FB page
https://m.facebook.com/antiquebikerescue

I go by there everyday it's hard to see I think there are two more beside it also getting a picture will be hard without just walking thru his yard I think just knocking on the door is best. I will keep you posted.

model-a,chris

I go by there everyday it's hard to see I think there are two more beside it also getting a picture will be hard without just walking thru his yard I think just knocking on the door is best. I will keep you posted.

model-a,chris

Knocking on the door is the best way to go. Or if you see the guy in the yard, stop and ask about it. You could get lucky.

As Dale Carnegie would say "what's the worse that could or can happen".
I would have no problem knocking on his door. But I could always go the " I ran out of gas, by chance would you have a gallon I could buy off you? Wait is that a bike over there? Can I take a gander at it?" approach...but, that's me.

It's all about the Rescue / Revival and of course the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

my FB page
https://m.facebook.com/antiquebikerescue

Last edited:
Knock on the door and strike up a good old fashion conversation. You might just leave with a good story, but you never know!

Good idea jd56 for sure or ask for directions or I could drive my sons old 58 Chevy truck as a conversation piece.

model-a,chris

Back