When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Odd frame

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

petritl

I live for the CABE
I was cleaning a frame up and noticed the frame was different than the other Schwinn Cantilever frames I have.

What are these indents for?

The bicycle was a B6 with Arnold Schwinn front and rear expanding brakes.

7C45A9F0BFF242F3B9FF1E487A73F9D0_zps7vfa-1.jpg

049A269A52734F02B5FC9D55DEB24508_zpsxg0f-1.jpg

C0E8EBFC008E4EBF8F1369109D75C1DE_zpsdvck-1.jpg

As previously pointed out, the frame is upside down and the indentions are on the left side of the frame which would be correct for belt placement.

Agree the serial number is not a WZ which is why I am curious. To help confuse even more; the frame had a tapered kickstand suggesting a pre Whizzer build Whizzer spec frame.

Schwinn pre production run?

Last edited:
As previously pointed out, the frame is upside down and the intentions are on the left side of the frame which would be correct for belt placement.

Agree the serial number is not a WZ which is why I am curious. To help confuse even more; the frame had a tapered kickstand.

If you purchased a whizzer kit some dealers would dimple the frame of the bike they installed it on. At one time that bike very likely could have had a whizzer engine on it!

As previously pointed out, the frame is upside down and the indentions are on the left side of the frame which would be correct for belt placement.

Agree the serial number is not a WZ which is why I am curious. To help confuse even more; the frame had a tapered kickstand suggesting a pre Whizzer build Whizzer spec frame.

Schwinn pre production run?

What year did Schwinn start offering the Whizzer built frames? The earliest I can find anything mentioned is 1948. Your frame is 1947?

I believe schwinns first purpose bike was 48 for whizzer's. If it is a 47 the dealer may have dimpled the frame for belt clearance on an h engine.

Back