When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Davis built project!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rustyspoke66

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Just picked this up a few days ago. Very solid, straight, with a few dings and no rot. Does one build a Harley? Has the exact frame and fork features as many Harley's I've seen on the net. Oh and this did not have a badge but has hole spacing of 2-1/16"
_20150829_120210 (1).jpg
IMG_20150830_192434491.jpg
IMG_20150830_192455506.jpg

Also .. top nut AND yoke on upper termination
of truss rods are not factory.

........ patric

davis%20frame%20number%20geography.jpg

davis%20smalls (2)  copy.jpg

IMG_20150830_192434491.jpg

Last edited:
Is Davis the only manufacturer that stamped the year separate from the rest of the serial number ?

Good morning, Tom ....

I really don't know enuff about the other manufacturers
to answer that question. But i do know that for at least
the period 1912 thru 1922 Davis was pretty consistent
in the manner of crankcase stamping -- as seen in my
foto-illustration.

However, the YEAR of MANUFACTURE is not always indicated.

........ patric

Last edited:
Actually the top plate just needs a adjustment but is correct. Agreed the nut on top is not the usual style. Still I'm wondering what other badges may have been on this bike? It's not a Dayton or a Chief.

..... I'm wondering what other badges may have been on this bike? It's not a Dayton or a Chief.

With no regard for screw-hole placement on your 1918 machine ...
and, considering only the motorbike model .......

.................. patric

DSCF1181.jpg

DSCF1168.jpg

DSCF1149.jpg

DSCF1160.jpg

DSCF1146.jpg

DSCF1141.jpg

DSCF0973.jpg

DSCF1136.jpg

DSCF0253.jpg

Last edited:
Side Holes!!!!!

I know this is probably the wrong place to bring this up, but I have never seen so many motobike Davis badges. I have a Davis with side holes. I see a lot of top and bottom and bottle cap badges but never any side holes. Have kept my eyes open for a while now,but to no avail. Hoofhearted please let me know. I also know that it could be a hardware brand, and I would be fine with that as long as it was on a Davis motorbike, and has side holes. Let me know thanks.

Nice badge show!! Mine has vertical spacing at 2-1/16" center to center. I checked the Napoleon and the spacing looked to be 2-7/8". Seems like most or all the Elgin pics I could find from the era were bottle cap style. I honestly would like to know if it is a reasonable quest to build a Harley?

Back