When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinions On this Bike? Worth Pursuing?

-

TIMBER RIDGE KUSTOMS

Look Ma, No Hands!
BIKE.jpg

Im not too familiar with these old bikes...I usually mess with way older balloons. Any thoughts on this one? Would it be worth buying? Looks to be super original and in great shape! Can get it for a song. Thanks for the input guys!

I'd buy that for $50 and ride it (if it fit) much more than that and you'll be upside down unless you wait 100 years. In 100 years that bike, kept in perfect condition, MIGHT be worth something.

I'd only get it if it's really cheap and you want it as a rider. Old English 3 speeds are a dime-a-dozen around here. Partly because they last forever, they made a bunch of them, and nobody steals them. Like Toyotas, I think much of that longevity is down to them being simple and boring, so there's not much to break and they don't get ridden by hoons. That said, I do see them all the time leaning against trees and walls having probably spent decades outside in New England winters and they still get their owners around. Just no resale value (I suspect many in the Boston area stay with the apartments—left behind for the next by moving tenants).

Here in NYC with new brake pads, cables, and tires all nice and clean a hipster would give me $225-300 for that, no joke, they buy anything

Is that a Murray built lightweight? Looks like it to me. :confused:

Last edited:
I think it looks cool - yea.... some hipster would love this bike. Not terribly collectible - though, these days anything vintage has a value!

That is an extremely cool Murray "lightweight" and I think it has a Bendix or Shimano trans in the hub, judging by the shifter. Get a set of matching tires, make sure everything works, and a college student will buy that up in a flash. I'd have no trouble getting $100-$150 for that here.

Back