When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dangers of working on bikes

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mrg

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I was just rebuilding a Musslman hub on a backyard workbench and saw a few wasps (yellow jackets, hornets ?)flying around and not 2 ft. from my face saw this, took a can of 3M spray glue and sprayed the nest with about 20 of them sticking to it, a few stranglers flew up and got stuck, I taking a break because still some flying around, thing is I have been working there in the evenings lately because of the heat and didn't even see it (it was usually getting dark) right in front of me under a piece of cardboard, glad I didn't bump into it, would have had to drop everything and run.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Those are actually pretty cool looking hornets... but on a side note, do hornets actually have a function in life? I can stand bees because we need the pollination process, but what do hornets do besides sting???

Dang Mark, you gotta get rid of all those rusty old bikes and clean up once in awhile! Ha!

Those are actually pretty cool looking hornets... but on a side note, do hornets actually have a function in life? I can stand bees because we need the pollination process, but what do hornets do besides sting???

They are protein eaters.
They're part of nature's biologial pest control program....
They eat other bugs and spiders too.

Welllllllll lets go back to a pervious thread recently post " where do we sore our extra bike parts".......... not ther I guess hope they didn't sting anyone.

YOU!!!!! Are responsible for "colony collapse"!!! (google it ...lol)

Thanks to your actions we will have no more fruits or vegetables and eventually all life as we know it will cease to exist!!!!!!

They look like yellow jackets, but we don't get them with the red up here. They can be aggressive, but the times I've been stung, it didn't hurt much (thankfully, as one of those times it flew down my shirt while I was riding at high speed). I did get stung by a "red jacket" int the woods once (I don't know what it's called, but it looked like a larger yellow jacket that had the yellow Photoshopped to red) that came out of nowhere and that thing hurt pretty well—thumb swelled up and everything. Got the bastard, at least.

Wait until you've encountered a "giant black hornet." Their sting is described as one of the most painful. The description I read was "feels like being shocked and hit with a sledgehammer at the same time." We have them. They're not fantastic at all.

Bob, I didn't think wasps, hornets, yellow jackets whatever they are were pollinators and the glue is not a poison that spreads to other things, you ever try to relocate a hornets nest

Back