When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early frame ID help (D&J)

-

Wheeled Relics

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
d&j bb narrows my search to higher end bikes such as daytons etc. I can see from early ads that dayton was producing bikes w/ a d&j hanger as early as 1900. However the badge holes do not correspond to any dayton badge that i have found.(searching cabe dayton thread)

The search does reveal early dayton advertisements list a "flush fit" head tube, which this seems to have (no head tube lugging), unique morse twin roller chain w the connecting link plates on the INSIDE instead of outside like later roller chain. Extra long seat post, very robust fork and headset with flat sides. 1 1/4" tubing. Ends of seatpost stays have pointed embellishments, too sized dropouts not entirely flattened. Came with what looks like an original eagle superior saddle top, front wood wheel w a barrel hub. no rear wheel.

View attachment 235659
View attachment 235660View attachment 235661View attachment 235662View attachment 235663View attachment 235664View attachment 235665View attachment 235666View attachment 235667

Back