When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie Question: Difference between a DX and a B6

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Artifex

Look Ma, No Hands!
My first thought was "re-war/post-war" but it seems there is some overlap? Obviously there are differences in tanks, lights, etc., but frame, geometry, wheels, etc? Other pertinent differences? I was sure I would run across a model list somewhere that went something like "The Schwinn DX was manufactured from 193X to 194X in 24 and 26 inch sizes and was the top end offering.....for 1937 it came in....featuring......" but not finding anything like that online at least.

Then there's autocycle, motorbike....

go to trfindley.com and look through the catalog pages, this may not give you exact dates but you'll be able to say ok they were made at least until this date and as late as etc. etc.

the biggest differ is the frame design, the dx stands alone as it isn't a straightbar frame or cantilever frame, it was made both pre & post war, I THINK 53' was the last year they offered the dx style frame

the b6 is a pain to explain cause its simply an autocycle which was offered pre & post war, prewar it was both a straightbar & a canti frame model, then in 54' it was called a streamliner not to be confused with the Schwinn built exclusive for bf Goodrich which was called the streamliner and was also a canti frame and is now commonly accepted as being called a b6 too, ok I cant explain it very well and my dinner is ready, sorry

Back