When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unique 1939 LaSalle

-

onecatahula

Living the Dream
I was fortunate this week to pick up a Unique 1939 LaSalle from a fellow Caber (who wishes to remain anonymous). This Fine Caber kept it original for many many years. Did not swap parts. Did not mess with it. Did not even clean it. Thank you !!! According to Bob U, it showed up 20 years ago at the Portland Indiana swap, and nobody knew what to make of it. Clearly all original . . . but so many oddities. Apparently a Special Order 39 BC frame with a Jewel tank and Box Pins ! ! My limited knowledge recalls box pins only on Paramounts and Cycletrucks. Are there other examples ? I do not recall ever seeing this color combination. I do not recall seeing a Jeweltank with the scripted decal on the tank, etc. And the long cone aluminum Delta Hornlight, Wow . . I've never even seen one ! !
Has anyone seen examples of this color combination, or examples of box pins on a balloon tire prewar Schwinn? ? ? Thanks, Pete

IMG_2624_zpsbaanfx2c-1.jpg

IMG_2627_zpsjugpvfg3-1.jpg

IMG_2620_zpscdldmwr5-1.jpg

IMG_2622_zpsuhy9kixz-1.jpg

IMG_2629_zpss967ifa0-1.jpg

IMG_2631_zpsbvk5teii-1.jpg

IMG_2633_zpsp7s2wlxz-1.jpg

Nice find Pete! There was a prewar B styled frame bike that showed up a year or so ago with box pins. I think it was a darker blue. No tank or light that I recall.

Brilliant.
You definitely have a unique schwinn combo.
I was under the impression that frame geometry
With the straight down tube was earlier than 38
Any how it is phenomenal.
Grand acquisition.

Nice scheme. Box striping often does not survive so well. I see Raleighs even from the 1970s with the box stripes totally gone.

Last edited:
Back