When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MY First JC Higgins Purchase

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jungleterry

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Hello just bought bike outside my convert zone . Not knowing allot about these . Can some one tell me what's not original to this bike and if it's a repaint . Thank you guys . Terry and Tammy
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Very nice and Congrads. My favorite color combo for Higgins, color flow or otherwise. Rob.

Hi Terry and Tammy,

Nice looking bike ! The bike appears to be a 54 or 55 model based on the color scheme, tank, rack and turn-signal option. It does appear to be a re-paint, color is close. Some of the decals are not correct for the model. The headlight looks like a 57 JetFlow, stem, possibly handlebars (hard to tell), seat and kickstand are not correct for the bike (fortunately , they are easy fixes).

If you can send a pic of the numbers on the bottom bracket, it will help to determine correct year.

Congrats!

Todd

Hi Todd ,i do not have the bike here yet .I am a bit disappointed that its a repaint.I was told that maybe the fenders where but rest of bike was original but its not,Really not into complete repaints and sound s like there are a few parts to replace too.The light might be tuff.Thank you for your information.Take care Terry and Tammy

Here's a catalog ad for your bike and a couple pics of my original '54 for reference -

IMG_5621_zps102acbea-1.jpg

IMG_7046-1.jpg

IMG_7049-1.jpg

So where is the switch located for the turn signal and tail light? that is a beautiful bike!

Wayne

Back