When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

54 Wasp, maybe.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Adamtinkerer

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Picked this up last week, Sept. '54. Painted S-2's, and no light or truss rods make me think it's a Wasp.
21067920734_6bc393d550_z-1.jpg
schwinn 1 by njabatsis, on Flickr

I have a 56 wasp. Your chain guard is different than mine. Mine also has a springer fork.

I have a 56 wasp. Your chain guard is different than mine. Mine also has a springer fork.

I assume you mean chain ring. Yes, they must've had a surplus of these Phantom rings, as you see a lot of junior models with it 53-55. My baby is my 59 Wasp, which is also springer equipped.
CRIM00013-1.jpg

Yeah Adam
I got a 1959 also, mine is equip with thrush rods. I got the same seat and color scheme. I hear these seats are hard to come by?

What did you pay and what is it worth? I pucked ip a 55 wasp for 75 in similar shape. Repainting it right now.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I will try to find one. It is broken down and being painted. I am leaving the chain guuard original since you can slightly see the Wasp emblem. It was in very rough shape.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Yeah Adam
I got a 1959 also, mine is equip with thrush rods. I got the same seat and color scheme. I hear these seats are hard to come by?

That's a Mesinger off a late 70s Murray Monterey. It does look like the HD seat offered on these though! That bike came with a later blue S seat, and 80s S-2's, note the high flangge front hub.

Back