When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Tiger

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bigb

On Training Wheels
Hello Schwinn people, New to the forum and just picked up a Schwinn Tiger. The seller says it is a 1966 but I haven't verified that yet, anyway I am really liking these vintage Schwinn bikes and no doubt will obtain more. This one I want to ride for leisure, but being tall and at the age where hunching over is no longer something I want to do when taking a leisurely ride, I need about another inch or two of height on the handlebars. Is there a longer stem/quill I can get? I saw a quill extension on the web, is that my only option? What about different handlebars? Of course I will keep all the original stuff but I have to be comfortable when I ride.

Might look for fenders as well. Thanks, bigb in AZ

Attachments

• Tiger.jpg
    Tiger.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 65
PS, did the original bike have reflectors in the pedals?

No, reflector pedals came about in the beginning of the 70's. As for the height of the bars, I prefer the BMX style bars on a rat or custom with a low stem. An extended stem looks so odd to me unless your riding a big basket Cycle Truck.

You see a lot of rider bikes with the high rise stingray bars for just what you are talking about. Just save the originals.

Back