When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Keep Rollin' Rollin' Rollfast

-

Baron_Cornelius

On Training Wheels
So here's my question, I have this 1957 ladies roll fast that I would like to do a resto mod for my lovely fiancé. She would like to keep it the same color, so what I'm going to plan on doing is sandblasting down the entire frame, and repainting it the same color, I will be posting photos as I progress of the project begins. But as you see it's incomplete, there are two things that would really Like to have. One, as you can see I am missing a front fender, the other I am missing wheels. I don't really know what kind of wheels and fenders I should buy for this bike because I don't know what will fit and I don't want anything to rub or be too big. Does anyone here have any idea? I am leaning towards 26 x 1.75 wheels and tires, I want to go as fat as I can without rubbing or touching, now I know what that last part sounds like, but I swear this has to do with bicycles.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Kinda looks like a ballooner frame (26 x 2.125) to me? Front fender shouldn't be too hard. Do you have the chain guard too? That may be a little tougher but not too bad. I'd test fit a set of ballooner and post in the wanted section for the other stuff you need. Good luck with your project. V/r Shawn

Where in Mesa are you? That stucco wall and nice broom finished walk looks exactly like my old house where I took all my bike pictures. Encanto St. maybe? ;)

Not that I want to take all your fun and hard work away, but if my Bride to be was interested in this I'd sure save a bunch of hard work, time and money.
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/bik/5240006260.html

It's not a Schwinn and the seat will need to be replaced to the riders specifications.

Did you notice that you'll be needing for a new fork for your frame? Looks pretty tweaked but it "might" be salvageable.

Last edited:
I have a set of wald fenders that look like they are for balloon bikes, but when I placed them in and get closer to the top of the forks,they are too big and leave about 2 inches from the bottom of the fork, so that's why I thought they might be smaller, good idea , I will post an ad in the wanted section to see if anybody hopefully has a pair..thank you though I think it's going to look great once it's done.

I checked out that bike and it does look beautiful, I'm sure there is a tank somewhere out there for it. I have till December to finish this bike so I think I have a decent amount of time on my hands, I was looking at the Forks, where does it look tweaked it to you? Maybe you're seeing something I don't? As to where I live in Mesa, I live right by signal Butte in east Mesa.

Set the fork straight forward with the frame and then look at the bike from the side. The first two thirds of the fork before the bend should be in line with the head tube. You can see in your third picture that the fork is bent back right where it meets the head tube.

By the way, welcome to the Cabe!

Back