When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Mini Twinn

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

sfhschwinn

I live for the CABE
Picked this up today and decided to convert it to a 5 speed. I removed the large rear chain ring and replaced it with the smaller ting that can be found on a Varsity (my ring was from a 1968) Then I put a large spacer from a threadless headset to make the distance large enough so the two chains on either ring would not touch each other. Then I took an S varsity shifter and installed that. Still need to find a nice chainguard, add whitewalls, and change the derailleur so I can use all the gears (my current one does not work.) Also I will install a rear brake using a L bracket and also thinking about installing a full rear fender as the half fender remind me of late 70s bikes that I don't like.
What do you guys and gals think of the modification. JUST ADDED 72' DISC BRAKE, REAR WHITEWALL DURO COMES TOMORROW!
IMG_2759.jpg
IMG_2760.jpg
IMG_2860.jpg
IMG_2861.jpg

Last edited:
Five gears is a welcomed improvement in my book. Pretty sure the derailleur for this would be the Schwinn Approved Huret Allvit. It would also look better, scale wise, since it has a shorter body and jockey cage.

You should definitely put a Stik-Shift on that sucka. Also, was the original rim a blue band 2 speed bendix? If so, what are your plans for it? I would be interested to put a blue band 2 speed on my own Mini Twinn.

You should definitely put a Stik-Shift on that sucka. Also, was the original rim a blue band 2 speed bendix? If so, what are your plans for it? I would be interested to put a blue band 2 speed on my own Mini Twinn.

these came in both single and bendix blue band- mine was only a single. When I modify a bike, the parts I take off go into a box for safe keeping. If for some reason I need the part, I make a note about where I used the part so I know what happened to it if I forget.
I sold my only 68 stik shift to a friend. I have a 66 stik shift in so-so condition so I will see what I do later on

I saw one original with a five speed really cool and boy does it need it
they only came in single speed and two speed with a bendix blue band, Schwinn never made a 5 speed mini twin, only standard twins came as 5 speed. Are your referring to the red one on ebay? If so that is someones creation, they welded two stingray frames together and that is no way original by any means

Back