When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Racycle

-

47jchiggins

I live for the CABE
Picked up this Racycle Model No. 150 on my way home from T Town, I know nothing about it, just that it was cool with that massive chainring.

Please provide some info on this........also picked up a Gendron Wheel Co. bike from the same individual, posted separately.

Thanks,

Todd

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Thanks for those who sent PM's on this bike. I plan to keep this one, I realize it is not what I usually collect, but it was too cool to pass up.

Does anyone have info on this Model 150? There is some info on the 170 out there but nothing on the 150. My wheels are steel, I have seen pictures of these with wood wheels........grips, pedals, seat.....whats original and what isn't ? Do they have a serial No.?

Thanks,

Todd

I don't like to be so blunt, but you ask for it: you paid for this very desirable bike and have you done any Effin research? Things like this take research and time...sorry if I cross the line here but do some homework, you just bought it!

You are right, I must appologize for my last post...just trying to wrap my head around buying a very collectible bicycle not knowing anything about it...

I don't like to be so blunt, but you ask for it: you paid for this very desirable bike and have you done any Effin research? Things like this take research and time...sorry if I cross the line here but do some homework, you just bought it!

No need to apologize......not sure if your asking if I did any research before or after purchase.

There was no research prior to purchase as I just happened on the bike. I actually went to look at a couple post war bikes he was interested in selling when he showed the me Racycle (first one I'd ever seen).

I realize that spending several hours scouring the internet doesn't necessarily qualify for research, but I have been doing exactly that and hoping someone on this forum would be kind enough to share what information they have.

Todd

Last edited:
Todd, awesome bike! Unfortunately I can't offer any help here but there are at least a couple guys here who have some Racycle knowledge that should be able to help. This is one of the few TOC bikes on my hit list. V/r Shawn

Another awesome bike buddy.. research or not we all live by the same saying, the best time to buy is when you see it. For sure someone will help yA out with what you need to know. Killer bike man.

Ok..... Here we go, great Pacemaker you have! That's a 1910 Racycle Pacemaker, the handlebars are correct Kelley's, the extension stem was relatively rare, the grips have been replaced. The pedals look original, the steel wheels were an option, looks like the correct rear sprocket, what is that hub. It kinda looks like the black color was laid over the "Racycle Blue" but there had to be some decent masking around the handpainted name on the downtube and the worlds fair decal on the seat tube.... Who knows? There could be some of the original striping under that black paint too! There should be nickelled "spears" on the front forks, may still be there under that black paint.

The s/n is on the bottom of the crank hanger, probably under that paint, do a search for Racycle here, and spend a couple of hours reading the posts, feel free to ask any ?'s, I've had mine for 28 years now and been doing research almost every day for the last 5.... I'll help anyway I can.

Last edited:
Back