When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newsboy Special Wheel?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Boris

Old fat tired rider
So I picked up this one complete 26" wheel. It has holes for (32) 105 gauge spokes, and came laced to a 32 hole Morrow undated hub (posted in another thread). It looks like it's a Lobdell. The seller told me he thought that it might have come off of a post war Columbia Newsboy Special. Does that sound about right? Anyone have a 32 hole matching rim for sale for a reasonable price shipped?

IMG_3747.jpg

Last edited:
Newsboy Specials came with chrome rims only to the best of my knowledge but they did have 105 gauge spokes.

OK, That rules out a Columbia Newsboy Special. Does any one know what this rim might go to with (32) 105 gauge spokes and an undated Morrow hub??

I once had a Western Flyer heavy duty with HD painted rims from about 1960 or so.

I once had a Western Flyer heavy duty with HD painted rims from about 1960 or so.

With 32 spoke holes?
Someone asked if there was a possibility that it could be off of a CycleTruck. That's a good question. Did CycleTrucks use 32 hole Lobdell rear rims prior to 1948?

I pretty sure Dave you can order what you want back then. I had a schwinn with heavy duty rims non whizzer frame. The cats also indicate ordered what you want on bikes.

Back