When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1946 schwinn 'world imperial" autocycle project/frame set/fenders

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bobcycles

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
A unique offering that was a regional build by Schwinn and sold in
Washington State, possibly Oregon? and maybe Idaho .....The "WORLD IMPERIAL" version of the Schwinn B6 Autocycle

I've owned just a few of these over the years and seen only a small handful as well. ALL were sold equipped as follows. Spring fork, Fender light fenders, B1 saddle, NO tank and NO rear carrier. Most I've seen also had the front drum brake. Very cool bikes and I have never seen these in the midwest or backeast. A lot of "The World" and "Excelsior" badged Schwinn bicycles were regionally sold in the Northwest and full equipped with tanks etc. The "World Imperial" was unique without the horn tank and rear carrier option.

Offered for sale here is an early World Imperial project (still will down tube decal hanging in there, odd for Schwinn post war models but always on this particular cantilever frame model).
Frame as shown, with locking fork with original Yale key, and SUPER straight NO issues springer fender light B6 fenders. One extra hole on the rear of the back fender for ? reflector or possible mudflap. These fenders are KILLER straight. Overall issues on these parts is Paint only. When purchased, chrome on the bike was shot. See below for details. If someone wants the entire project Frame (value 150.00 with tapered stand), Locking fork (180.00), fender set with light cover minus lens (175.00) adds up to 505.00..........package price is 450.00 on the parts as a group.

Individual as follows

Early post war "World Imperial" 1946 B/6 B6/autocyclTapered kickstand frame as shown-------------150.00

frame.jpg
frame2.jpg
frame5.jpg
frame2a.jpg

Early postwar "World Imperial" 1946 B6/autocycle black/ivory fender set, super straight, oxidized paint, but virtually dent free! 175.00 set

frame.jpg
fenders4.jpg
fenders1.jpg
frame7.jpg
fenders3.jpg

Please Check accompanying listing for fork pix

msg here or email direct [email protected]

frame.jpg

frame2.jpg

frame5.jpg

frame2a.jpg

frame3.jpg

frame7.jpg

fenders1.jpg

fenders3.jpg

fenders4.jpg

fenders6.jpg

Here's my World Imperial, Bob's correct. No tank, I added the rack. Originally sold in the Seattle area. This one is also a '46 with a tapered kickstand and drop center rims.

IMG_1248_zpsndnfgksa-1.jpg

IMG_1505_zpslfihvodj-1.jpg

Last edited:
did these have their own badge?

YES! Some did, but not all. The World Imperial badge is pretty rare and has a Blue field instead of the standard "The World" green field. I've never seen an NOS one of these badges tho. Anyone got a mint one to post a pic of here?

I also have a super nice original World Imperial purchased from Sandbahm a few years back, stunning original black and ivory bike, I went ahead and added a tank and rack to it! DOH!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back