When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shelby question(s)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mike j

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Picked up this frame at the recent Trexlertown swap. The consensus is that it's a Shelby. Takes 28" wheels. I'm guessing in the 33-35 era???. Any info. and opinions are welcomed. Wheel & fender were added for comparison. Believe that I may have gotten the correct crank & chainring, for this, at the show from Scrubbinrims, along w/ some other good parts. Thanks Chris & nice meeting you. Serial # 896100. Flying blind on this one, did my homework & didn't learn much. Anything you have could help.

Attachments

• DSC00126.jpg
    DSC00126.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC00130.jpg
    DSC00130.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC00131.jpg
    DSC00131.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 157
The frame looks more like a teens era Schwinn to my eyes. The fork is what is throwing me off though. The rear dropouts and serial # point to 1916-17 Schwinn. Can you post more pics of the fork crown and perhaps a closeup of the rear dropouts?

Great bones!

Hey chitown, thanks for the input. Here are some more photo's. I'm still thinking Shelby, mostly because the guy who sold it to me said it was. He's like E.F. Hutton, when he talks, I listen. Hope these more in-depth images help.

Attachments

• DSC00135.jpg
    DSC00135.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC00136.jpg
    DSC00136.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 113
" I see, said the blind man". Ok, I'm with you on the drop outs & the joinery on the bottom bar. Come to think of it, something was off w/ the fork bearings, it was an ill fit when I took it down. Serial # 's look similar, but have not seen any images of a double curved bar frame that early. It seems newer. Appreciate what you've given me, thank you.

Hey Mike you liking Schwinns now? What's worse is I helped you carry it I touched it OMG what are friends for. Well if you do build it up it will be as good as the other bikes you do. Good luck.

Back