When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early Saddles- Restorable?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jesse McCauley

McCauley Cycle Works
I'm having some trouble posting these saddle images to an email so I'm going to make a post in hopes that one day they end up restored and riding again!

I have a pair of early saddles here, one that I believe is probably 19th or very early 20th c youth saddle and the other is a later probably 20's/30's Superior sprung saddle.

I am looking for a replacement spring for the Superior saddle, perhaps a pair for patina agreement.

Thanks to STRADALITE for considering.

Attachments

• DSCN3678.jpg
    DSCN3678.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 180
  • DSCN3677.jpg
    DSCN3677.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 175
  • DSCN3685.jpg
    DSCN3685.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 180
  • DSCN3684.jpg
    DSCN3684.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 180
Stradalite Saddle Project(S)

I think I'm going to get these saddles looking like artwork again...lets see what happens here.
I could use some help/input from you cabers though so I may send out a few emails etc.

(Saddle1) My plans for the youth saddle:
-Option 1: New leather in same template, blasted and powder coated black metalwork/frame.
-Option 2: Original leather (somehow), blasted and metal left in natural state

(Saddle 2) Plans for the metal pan sprung saddle: (Need catalog image or the like)
-Option 1: New leather, new filler, media blast, powder coated black metalwork/frame
-Option 2: (Original leather (somehow), blasted and powder coated something subtle.
*This "Superior" saddle as I believe the topper indicates also needs a pair of springs, obviously almost any condition would suffice.
**Trying to post an image of the "Superior" topper that goes with the saddle, I'm really hopeful it could be re-used, perhaps by re-backing or....

(Saddle 3) This 1890's saddle was on a Hartford and I saw potential in the oxidation. Components cleaned up nice!
-Option 1: New leather (color suggestions?), original felt filler, new wooden pan
-Option 2: New leather, new felt/filler, new wooden pan

Thanks folks!!

Attachments

• Rail, post, and hardware.JPG
    Rail, post, and hardware.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1400.jpg
    IMG_1400.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 109
"Superior" Saddle

Superior Topper- I believe this goes to the metal pan topper.
This is the saddle I'm looking for catalog or original rep of.

Superior Saddle Brand.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN3686.jpg
    DSCN3686.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 110
A noble endeavor :)
You might consider painting instead of powder coat. PC is good for some things, but doesn't look right at all on vintage/antique seats IMO, especially as the years pass.

Back