When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Smith Motor Wheel find

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

edelbroke

'Lil Knee Scuffer
While hauling a bunch of Ford Model T's I bought off a property on Sunday I found this Smith Motor Wheel and got it thrown in with the cars. The only thing missing is the spark plug. Otherwise it's all there. It's froze up from sitting. I have some chunks of the old tire that was on it, (It had a white tire) Here's my questions... What's it worth in this condition? Thanks everyone.
20151011_193633_zpsvdzfg6ob-1.jpg

_Looks like they disconnected the fuel line to drain the tank and set aside... One broken fin on the cylinder

It's missing a little more than that. I don't see any of the handlebar controls or the mounting brackets to attach it to a bicycle. Still a good find.

I am sure there is someone out there looking for parts--remember--one mans junk is another's treasure.

Here's one I use to own.

Attachments

• n_a (6).jpg
    n_a (6).jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 544
  • n_a (7).jpg
    n_a (7).jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 629
Nice. I am currently restoring a motor wheel and have most of the parts. The value is a good question...not many have sold online and yours appears to be in need of a lot. Parts to restore this engine are almost impossible to find. I would look to purchase as a conversation piece and keep it as it is if that is of interest to you.

Cleaned it up a little and threw a tire on it, I think it looks a lot better. As for selling it, probably not. I'd like to find the right bicycle to display it on just like it is.
20151012_132824_zpsxxcbo3ic-1.jpg

Cleaned it up a little and threw a tire on it, I think it looks a lot better. As for selling it, probably not. I'd like to find the right bicycle to display it on just like it is.
20151012_132824_zpsxxcbo3ic-1.jpg

Wow, you don't waste any time! Where'd you get the tire? Are you going to try to rebuild it?

Back