When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"The Tribune Model F" Wooden Rims! Please Educate Me On This Awesome Bike!

-

Madison

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hello I'm extremely new to the world of bicycles and know almost nothing about them so I was hoping to get some help on here! I recently received this bicycle and fell in love with it!! It has wooden wheels with rubber tire tubes(rubber is rather rough) we tried looking this bike up but came up with very little information. The tribune bikes that we did find online looked nothing like the one I have so I'm pretty stumped.
The badge says "The Tribune Modle F Made By The BLACKMFG.Co Erie PA." Someone said it might be a racing bike because of how light it is the bike is also really tall I can't even sit on it. It's 41 1/2" tall.
If you have any information about it I would love to know!!!!!

Thank you so much for your time!!!
-Madison

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 394
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 400
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 385
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 391
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 383
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 390
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 377
Welcome the The CABE - Madison.

Let's look at frame size ... please see attachments.

Thanks ......

........ patric

Looks to be a very-monumental frame .... daddy likes .......

black mfg. co.  tribune.jpg

black mfg. co.  tribune  copy magni.jpg

Welcome to the CABE!
that might even be taller than mine at 26.5" seat pillar.....
1893-4

Last edited:
Very idealistic mid 1890's tall frame and complete! Couple of notable details, single rail saddle chassis and a little longer pedal axles(?) racers w small chainrings for short distance sprints or marketed as a scorcher geared low for the pre improved rough roads. Great piece, be proud of it! Could sit around for hours and look at the details. What's your plans hang it or ride it?

Last edited:
Welcome to the Cabe, Madison! Thats s beautiful bike! Listen to the experts here, they know their stuff! FYI- im not one of them. In general, bikes of this era are referred to TOC (turn of century). Sometimes very difficult to identify due to so many bike manufactures and no internet back then. Lucky yours has a headbadge and is complete! Parts for these are nearly impossible to find! Nothing makes the Cabe happier than to see an old bike back on the road! Listen, learn and ride!

Thank you and I just posted some more pictures with measuring tape next to the pipes lol. I assumed the head pipe you wanted it measured between the chrome/ nickel plating rings. And the tape starts above where the peddles attach.

I have the same pedals on my Racycle, haven't seen others so I wasn't sure of thier age, good to see that they are likely as old (or older) than my bike..... Mines 1903! As others here have said, very cool bike you have there, so much cooler that it's complete!

Back